Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Pecan Butter


My family overall rating: 5 (with the agave syrup)
I have made this in two ways:

1) Simply blend up some pecans and that's it (this takes a powerful blender), then add agave syrup and salt to taste. This is a thicker butter.

2) Soak 1 handful of pecans (1/2 cup) in 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of Agave Syrup and a little salt to taste.  When softened, they can be blended easily in a simple blender like "The Magic Bullet" I have found that I need to use the flat blades when blending such a small amout.

I try to make only the amount I need to use right then, but if there are leftovers they need to be refrigerated.


Serving Suggestion:


Morning glory says it is best warmed up and served on muffins,
like these Gluten Free Butternut Muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment