Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pressure Cooker Chicken Flavor Quinoa

Family Overal Rating: 3
(My toddler and I love quinoa and give it a 5.  My older daughter and hubby aren't really rice fans and this is very similiar to rice).

1 1/2 cups Quinoa
2 1/4 cups water
2-3 tsps Chicken Bouillon
(or use chicken broth)

Note: these directions are for the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker.  See your instruction manual if using a different pressure cooker.

1)Put all the ingredients in the  Cuisinart electric pressure cooker and set on high pressure for 2 minutes.

2)Use Natural Pressure Release  for 10 Minutes.

3)Finally use Quick Pressure Release to allow as much steam as possible to escape before opening the lid.  ALWAYS OPEN THE LID AWAY FROM YOU.

I use quinoa as a substitute for rice.  I also use it in meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment