Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gluten Free Banana Mug Cakes



Overall Family Rating: 4
(I give these a 5, the others give it a 4 since I use firm bananas and they like sweeter, but still love to eat them anyway . . .)


I got this idea from Detoxinista and changed the peanut butter to pumpkin seeds

 Makes one or two mug cakes depending on the size.  I use two small half pint glass jars

Ingredients:
 one banana (the riper it is the sweeter)
1 egg
2 T pumpkin seeds (pepitas) I have used both raw and roasted and salted pepitas
1/4 tsp baking soda



1) Combine all ingredients in a blender
2) Pour into one greased mug or I like split the batter into two small mason jars
3)Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and the center is firm.





Tips:
-leave space at the top of the mug for expanding.
-I like to use these for breakfast or send them with my daughter for a healthy school lunch that seems like a dessert.
- Run a butter knife around the outside of the mug and you can pop out the cake and slice it like banana bread.
-I have tried this in the microwave but don't like the results.  It is worth the baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment