Monday, June 11, 2012

Healthy Sloppy Joes

 My Family overall rating: 4 yea! Everybody ate their veggies today!

Brown:
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 red, green or yellow pepper chopped (optional)
  • 3 cloves garlic smashed and then peeled
  • 1 tsp each of ground coriander, oregano, parsley
  • 1/2 tsp each Cayenne pepper, ground ginger
  • red pepper flakes (optional)
Add:
  • 1 Cup Vegetable Puree-- I used 1/2 beet and 1/2 broccoli Note:  I prepared the puree simply by washing and slicing the beet and washing and separating the broccoli and then blending in blender with water as needed for it to blend smoothly.  You can used canned or cooked vegetables instead.  I like fresh best.
  • 1 6 oz can Tomato Paste



My favorite is to serve on a lettuce leaf for grain/gluten free diets then I just pick it up and roll the leaf and eat like a burrito or taco

Morning Glory serves hers with a hot dog bun 

I served Lady Slipper's on crackers.
Leftover suggestions:
  • homemade pizza topping
  • mix with beans for tacos, burritos or taco pie
  • Use in Shepherd's pie
Be Nutritiously Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment