Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Footballs" Whole Wheat Crock Pot Cereal


This is so easy to make. It can be made in a rice cooker in about 1 1/2 hours or even left in the rice cooker or crock pot overnight. I put about 1-2 cups of whole wheat in and then cover that with water almost to the top of the rice cooker. (Can add a little salt if you want--I don't) Then leave overnight (or until done if you want to make it the same day). You will know it is done when the wheat puffs up into little "footballs." Serve with milk and butter and brown sugar. This is my hubby's favorite way to eat it. It is so nice to have breakfast already ready to eat as soon as I get up.


Variation: Put the football cereal into a blender and make it into creamy wheat. That is my favorite way to eat it. put in brown sugar, butter, milk and top with some dehydrated berries or fruit. Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment